Let’s make our own Alexa/home system, using a Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano (maybe both?); it should act like just a rather very intelligent system… ;)
Shoutout to @grazebyerica for supplying the wood mounts for the project.
Primary Motivation: I want an Alexa, but actually JARVIS. Maybe we can connect up computer, phone, watch, etc. More directly this has been inspired by YouTube makers (Hacksmith, Colin Furze, JLaserVideo).
- Turn on the TV with voice command… a lot of the features are going to be voice activated, so we’re definitely going to need a microphone.
- Which is the best board for this type of project?
- Do we want to have a monitor or keep this completely headless?
- What are more daily activities that could be automated?
- Which devices have network connectivity?
- Power supply (on-wood)
- Cables (on-wood)
- Device Connectivity (Bluetooth/Wifi)
- iPad as monitor (CHECK)